If you are having one of those days and need to relax, refresh, and stay in bed here are some amazing self care ideas for the perfect duvet day.
So What Exactly Is A Duvet Day?
Signs You Might Need A Self Care Day
We can lead busy, stressful lives and this is bound to take its toll on our minds and bodies. Too much work without proper rest can leave us physically and mentally exhausted.
You might find that life is getting on top of you, you are struggling to manage tasks at work, and it is taking you longer than usual to complete your work.
This may leave you feeling stressed and anxious, your mood could be low and you just don’t feel like yourself.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
What Are The Benefits Of Having A Duvet Day?
- A few duvet days will allow you to rest properly and hopefully reduce the number of sick days needed.
- Rest will allow you to be more productive and have much more energy.
- You will be able to focus better and be able to mentally deal with whatever is thrown your way.
- A relaxing day will help to improve your attention span and boost your alertness.
- The time off can help to restore your motivation.
- Catching up on sleep can support your immune system and leave you feeling refreshed and ready to go to back to normal daily life.
- You can get some much-needed rest without using up your annual leave allowance.
Duvet days are time that you can devote solely to yourself. When you can stop worrying about other people and have some me-time.
Duvet Day Ideas For Self Care
- Watch your favourite movie.
- Put your phone on silent.
- Drink plenty of fluids, water, coffee, and sweet tea. Whatever gives you comfort.
- Read a book.
- Order some takeout.
- Take a nap (it goes without saying really).
- Cut your nails.
- Paint your freshly cut nails.
- Write in your journal.
- Listen to some soothing music.
- Write yourself a to-do list.
- Do at least 2 things on that list.
- Plan a vacation.
- Create a new Pinterest board. Get pinning those pretty pins!
- Start setting some goals.
- Try a cleansing face mask.
- Brush your teeth.
- Brush your hair. Make it pretty.
- Get wrapped up in your favourite blanket.
- Stretch your body, give your aching muscles a rub.
- Put on clean bedding.
- Make a vision board.
- Catch up on emails.
- Give a friend or family member a call. Catch up and reconnect.
- Snuggle your dog, cat, rabbit, lizard, or teddy bear. Whatever you have just give it a big snuggle.
- Indulge in a bit of online shopping.
- Do some colouring.
- Watch cat videos online.
- Read something educational.
- Take some silly selfies, nobody has to see them.
So next time your bed is calling, and you decide to take a duvet day why not give some of these a try?
You might also like.