Do you really know yourself? Find out who you really are with 365 journal prompts for self discovery (plus free PDF) An entire year of questions to help you find the real you.
As you go along life’s journey you are faced with many questions about yourself. What do you want from life? What makes you happy? What makes you, you? You want to find your true self.
It’s ok not to have all the answers right now. This is where I come in with these awesome daily prompts to get you started with self-reflection.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
- A Journey Of Self Discovery
- 365 Journal Prompts For Self Discovery
- Journal Prompts For Your Personality, Likes, Dislikes
- Journal Prompts For Your Thoughts, Feelings, Emotions
- Journal Prompts For Your Past
- Journal Prompts For Your Wishes, Hopes, Dreams, And Future
- Journal Prompts For Your Relationships
- Journal Prompts For Health and Well being
A Journey Of Self Discovery
It takes time to get to know ourselves really well. A journey of self discovery is a very difficult one. Undertaking it may be very surprising, emotional and exhausting but you will arrive at a better understanding of yourself and what you want from life.
A journey of self discovery is a daunting prospect. You need to be prepared for what you will find when you examine your life that closely.
It takes time and you need to give yourself the space to focus on you. Busy lives often get in the way of this but if you give yourself a little time each day your path in life will become much clearer.
365 Writing Prompts For Self Discovery
A journal is the best way to record your journey of self discovery. Writing about how you feel and jotting down your thoughts helps them to become much clearer.
Journaling is a great way to keep track of your thoughts and feelings during tough times. It can be therapeutic and it can also help you process difficult experiences. All you need is a pen, paper, and some time to write.
One major benefit of journaling is improved mood. It also provides a safe space for self-exploration which can help people discover new things about themselves.
Daily writing prompts are a fun way to get to know yourself, as you answer each question another part of the puzzle that is you emerges. As you go along your journey you will be able to look back and reflect on what you have written.
A journaling practise can also help to hone in on the most important area of your life and identify any changes that need to be made and can also help to improve your writing skills,
If you have never kept a journal it is really easy to get started. All you need is some quiet time and a blank page. There are loads of lovely journals available and you don’t need to spend a fortune. You can find some really pretty journals at a very reasonable price.
Tips For Journaling
- Always carry your journal with you. You never know when inspiration will strike.
- Create a relaxing routine around journal writing.
- Give yourself a set time to write every single day to avoid giving up or getting bored.
- Ensure your journal is something you enjoy writing in.
- Find somewhere you are comfortable to write your journal entry.
- Just close your eyes and reflect on the day. Take a deep breath before you write.
Before we get to the self-discovery journal prompts I just want to tell you a bit about the Let It Go printable journal.
As an anxiety sufferer, I used to have a million thoughts going around in my head. I could never switch off and just be.
That all changed when I started journaling. Getting everything out and onto paper really helped to clear my mind.
Is This You?
– You are stressed and overwhelmed. You have a lot of things on your mind, and you don’t know how to let them go.
– Your mind is racing with thoughts about what you need to do, what has happened and what could happen.
– You want to get rid of all the negative thoughts that are preventing you from achieving your goals.
Use the Let It Go Printable Journal to get clarity of mind and lose that mental clutter. You will be able to focus on the most important things in life.
What You Get:
- 170-Page Printable Journal
- Daily Pages
- Journal Prompts
- No Worries Pages
- Brain Dump Pages
- Random Thoughts Pages
- Rant Pages
This is a journal for your soul. It’s designed to help you calm your mind, find clarity and focus on what matters most to you.
You deserve to let it go and feel good about yourself, so why not start now?
If you check it out today you can use the code LETGO30 to get 30% off.
365 Journal Prompts For Self Discovery
Below, I have given you a whole year’s worth of journal prompts for self discovery that you can use to help find out who you are. Take your time with these 365 journal prompts and answer one question each day. You can start these prompts on any day of the year.
The most important thing when it comes to a reflective writing practice is to be honest with yourself. Don’t worry about making your writing perfect, just write what comes to mind and allow yourself the freedom to explore your thoughts and feelings.
Hope you enjoy these daily journal writing prompts.
Journal Prompts For Your Personality, Likes, Dislikes
- What are the 3 things you like most about yourself?
- If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
- What are your best traits?
- What are your worst traits?
- What is the biggest compliment you have ever received? Write about a really good thing someone has said to you.
- What do you need to make you feel safe?
- Where is your safe place?
- What do you worry about?
- Do you worry too much? How can you deal with this?
- What are your favorite songs? What do they mean to you?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
- A gratitude journal can be extremely beneficial. What are you most thankful for? Write a list.
- What would your ideal day be?
- Who is your biggest inspiration and why?
- How would you describe yourself to a stranger?
- How would you want other people to describe you? What would be the best thing they could say about you?
- What life lessons have books taught you? What are your favorite books? What was your favorite children’s book?
- Which fictional character would you most like to be?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- What countries have you travelled to?
- What lessons have you learned from travelling?
- Where are your favorite places?
- Is there anything that has changed your outlook on life?
- Who would you most love to meet?
- What habit would you most like to break?
- What excites you?
- What place do you consider your home?
- Are you good at decision making? How could you improve?
- Are you an organised person?
- Is there a part of your life that you wish was more organised?
- What is the most important thing to enable you to live an authentic life?
- What matters to you the most?
- What doesn’t matter to you?
- What are your priorities?
- What keeps you motivated?
- What makes you proud?
- What are 3 facts about you that not many people know?
- How do you focus?
- Could you be more focused? How will you achieve this?
- What are you looking forward to?
- How would you change the world?
- What have you recently learned about yourself?
- What is your favorite time of day and why?
- What one thing can you not give up?
- What is the best gift somebody could give you?
- What rules or standards do you live by?
- What could you easily live without?
- What is your reaction when you don’t get what you want?
- Do you have self-control or is it something you need to work on?
- How do you deal with obstacles that get in your way?
- Do you deal well with rejection?
- If you could be any animal what would it be and why?
- Do you always tell the truth?
- Are you able to forgive others?
- Are you able to forgive yourself?
- Do you have leadership qualities or are you strictly a follower?
- Have you managed to overcome a fear?
- When was the last time you were creative? Write a short story in your journal.
- Do have problems releasing your creative side? Why do you think this is?
- Do you find it easy to ask for help?
- Who would play you in the film about your life?
- Can you keep a secret?
- Do you dress for yourself or to impress other people?
- What changes could you make to improve your health? What is the first thing you would do to improve your health?
- What are you passionate about?
- Do you cope well when faced with a challenge?
- Are you a leader or a follower?
- Are you a confident person or do you find yourself doubting your abilities?
self-reflection journal prompts pdf
- When was the last time you did something spontaneous? How did it make you feel?
- How much do you love yourself right now?
- What makes you uncomfortable?
- Do you have any small rituals that give you comfort? What are they?
- Are you a patient person?
- Do you find yourself apologising a lot? Why do you think you do this?
- Do you have self-discipline? If this is a problem for you, what can you do to improve?
- What does your work mean to you?
- What do you daydream about?
- What is your biggest failure? Did you do better the next time?
- What is the biggest decision you’ve ever had to make?
365 Journal Prompts For Self Discovery PDF
- What makes you unique?
- What was the last thing you celebrated?
- What are your beliefs, do you always stay true to them?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
- What’s the most difficult choice you ever had to make?
- What would you like to do more of?
- What would you like to do less of?
- What is the pace of your life? Is it too fast or too slow for you?
- Are you good at problem-solving?
- Are you kind to yourself?
- Do you find it easy to feel empathy towards others?
- Do you feel that you are a good communicator?
- What are your pet peeves?
- Do you have a strong work ethic?
- Do you have spiritual beliefs that help guide you?
- Quotes can offer a wealth of inspiration. What quote inspires you?
- If you could sum your life up in one word what would it be?
- Do you ever break the rules?
- Are there parts of your life that you find distracting?
- Do you take the time to reflect on what is happening in your life?
- How do you feel outside of your comfort zone? Do you see this as having a positive impact on your life or a negative one?
- Do you find your life fulfilling?
- Are you putting any parts of your life on hold? If so why?
- What makes you feel young?
- Do you work well under pressure?
- What makes your life worthwhile?
- What 5 words would you use to describe yourself?
- Has anything changed your outlook on life?
- Do you easily give up on things? Why is this?
365 journal prompts pdf
- Can you admit when you are in the wrong?
- What do you need to make more time for?
- Are you good at organising your time? How could you improve?
- Do you display self destructive behaviour?
- What makes your life more difficult?
- What cause do you feel strongly about? How can you help?
- Do you react well in a crisis?
- Write about your favorite things. What is your most treasured possession and why?
- What can’t you live without?
- Do you have fears of abandonment? Why could this be?
Journal Prompts For Your Thoughts, Feelings, Emotions
- What makes you feel at peace?
- What would make you happy right now?
- How do you feel right at this moment?
- What is causing you stress right now?
- What makes you feel alive?
- What makes you sad?
- What do you need to let go of?
- What makes you angry? How do you deal with the anger?
- What cheers you up when you are feeling down?
- Do you always need to be in control? How do you feel when you have no control over a situation?
- Do you deal well with change?
- How do you cope with stressful situations?
- Do you believe crying is a healthy outlet for negative emotions? What makes you cry?
- When was the last time you cried?
- What was the happiest moment of your life?
- If you ran away where would you go?
- What makes you laugh?
- Are you easily embarrassed? Why do you think this is?
- What is the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you?
- What was the last thing to surprise you?
- Do you hide your emotions? If so, why?
- How do you deal with negative comments?
- Who or what keeps you calm?
- Do you carry emotional baggage? How can you deal with this?
- Are your emotions unbalanced? How can you address this?
- Are you easily frustrated? What is it that frustrates you?
- Do you find yourself feeling guilt over things that are beyond your control?
- Do you ever feel envious? Do you feel that this is healthy?
- What can you do to feel more content with what you have?
- Have you ever grieved for a loved one? How did you process this grief?
- What do you miss the most?
- What do you need the most in life?
- What makes you feel better?
- What one thing always makes you smile?
- What has made you smile today?
- Do your emotions motivate you? Is this in a positive or negative way?
- What causes you to be anxious?
- What makes you joyful?
- Do you have mood swings? What do you think causes them?
- Who do you call to cheer you up?
- Do you find it easy to talk about your feelings, or do you bottle things up?
- Are you often disappointed with life?
- Do the changing seasons affect your emotions? Why do you think that is?
- What do you like to do to relax and wind down?
- Are you easily overwhelmed?
- Is there anything in your life that makes you ashamed?
- Are you a nervous person? Why do you think that is?
- What makes you nervous?
- Do you feel you lack courage? What do you wish you had the courage to do?
- What emotion do you wish you didn’t feel?
- What makes you feel powerful?
- How do you deal with emotional pain?
- What do you love about life?
- Do you find it hard to control your temper in a difficult situation?
- What helps you heal?
356 Journal Prompts For Self Discovery
- What are the little things that make you happy?
- If you could choose to have any emotion right now what would it be?
- Do you ever feel numb? What causes this?
- What emotion do you feel most often?
- Do you like surprises or do they unsettle you?
- What makes you feel free?
- Would you say you are an optimistic person?
- Do you ever feel inferior? Why is this?
- How does uncertainty make you feel?
- Are you easily annoyed, what annoys you?
- What is your biggest fear? Why do you think you are afraid?
- Do you let this fear rule your life or do you deal with it in a healthy way?
We are at around the halfway mark now. let me know how your getting on with your 365 journal prompts. You can download your free PDF here.
Journal Prompts For Your Past
- What one thing would you change about your childhood
- If you could go back to when you were a child, what would you say to yourself?
- What were the good things you remember from your childhood? What is your favorite childhood memory?
- What is your biggest regret?
- What was the best birthday you ever had?
- What did you want to be when you were younger?
- What is your happiest memory?
- What family traditions did you have as a child?
- Where were you, 10 years, 5 years, and 1 year ago?
- What mistakes have you learned from the past?
self discovery journal prompts pdf
- What time in your life do you always want to remember?
- What song holds special memories for you?
- What is your saddest memory?
- What has been the most difficult time in your life?
- If you could relive one day over again, what day would it be?
- What has been the best year of your life?
- Who was your biggest influence growing up? Was it a friend, family member, or someone else?
- Has your family life changed since you were a child?
- What was your favourite thing to do as a child?
- Have you said anything in the past that you wish you hadn’t?
- Did you enjoy school? What life lessons did you learn from your time there?
- Did you find it easy to get along with your peers when you were growing up?
- Did you ever experience bullying? How did you deal with this?
- What from your past do you wish you could do-over?
- Has a past experience shaped the fears and anxieties you have today?
- What has been the most challenging part of your life to date?
- During your childhood did you ever feel let down by an adult?
- What were you doing this time last year?
- Did you ever witness anything in the past that you wish you hadn’t?
- What smell brings about good memories?
- What was your favourite family vacation?
- Were there secrets in your family? How did that affect you?
- Does the way you were brought up influence the way you (will) bring up your children?
- If you have siblings, how is your relationship with them? Has it changed now that you are adults?
Journal Prompts For Your Wishes, Hopes, Dreams, And Future
- What do you believe you deserve in life?
- What one thing have you always wished for?
- What skill have you always wanted to have?
- What would you like to achieve in the next year?
- What new hobbies would you like to try?
- Where would you like to travel?
- How could your life be better?
- Is anything holding you back?
- What are your goals for this month?
- Is your life what you imagined it would be?
- What small change would you like to make to your life?
- What big change would you like to make to your life?
- What is your dream job?
- What is your vision for the future? How will you get there?
- What gives you hope?
- What do you fear most about the future? What do you want to tell your future self?
- Does growing old scare you?
- You have decided to emigrate, where are you going to live?
- What do you want most out of life?
- What one thing could you do today to help you achieve your goals?
365 Journal Prompts For Self Discovery
- What could you do to improve your finances in the future?
- Is anything holding you back from achieving your goals? How can you deal with it?
- Do you embrace the “new”?
- Do you believe you deserve good things to happen to you? If not, why?
- What new thing do you want to try in the next year?
- What in your life are you still trying to figure out?
- What makes you happy about your life right now?
- What makes you sad about your life right now?
- Are you satisfied with life?
- What difference would you make to the world?
- What do you want your legacy to be?
- What gifts to you want to share with the world?
- Do you have a dream life? What is it like?
- What do you think your mission is in life?
- Do you find it easy to commit to getting want you want in life?
- Are your expectations of yourself too high?
- Do you find it easy to follow through on a plan you have made?
- What would give your life more meaning?
- What are your career goals?
- Where would you like to live in the future?
- What are your personal goals?
More Journal Prompts From Taking Care Of You
Journal Prompts For Your Relationships
- What does love mean to you?
- What qualities do you admire most in others?
- Who do you love and why?
- Who would you like to reconnect with and why?
- What do you look for in a friend?
- Who do you trust?
- Who makes your life better?
- How do you help your friends and loved ones?
- What time in your life did you need a friend most?
- How do you show people that you love them?
- Describe your best friend. What do you have in common? What makes the friendship work?
- What’s the best advice you could give to others?
- How do you show appreciation to others?
- How do you deal with negative people?
- How do you deal with people who have different opinions and beliefs from you?
- Are you willing to forgive others?
- Do you prefer a small or large group of friends?
- Are you ever misunderstood by people?
- You receive exciting news, who do you tell first?
- What is the best advice you have ever been given?
- Think about your past romantic relationships. What lessons did you learn from them? What did each person bring to your life?
- Have you ever had your heart broken?
- What is your perfect date?
- How do you deal with confrontation?
- What qualities do you like least in others?
- Do you feel that you have the support of friends and family?
- Do you feel that you are valued by others?
- What do you want other people to know about you?
- Who do you look up to?
- Who do you love unconditionally?
- Who has your back?
- What makes you lovable?
- How comfortable are you meeting new people?
- What is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
- Do you care what others think of you?
- Are you easily influenced by others?
- How is your relationship with your parents?
- Do you believe in soul mates?
- What are the 3 most important things in a relationship?
- Can you accept people for who they are?
- Do you feel accepted?
- Is there a relationship in your life you would like to change? How would you change it?
- How do you fit into your family? What is your role?
- Your family is always the people you are related to. Which non-relatives do you consider family?
- Do you have any toxic friendships in your life? How can you deal with this?
- Do you find it easy to apologise to others?
- Are you a good listener?
- Have your views on love changed since you were a teenager? If so, why?
- Are you a secretive person? Do you find it easy to confide in other people?
- Who are you closest to in your family and why?
- Who knows you the best?
- Do you share the same values as other members of your family? Is there a big difference between your values and those of the older members of your family?
- Are you attracted to the same personality type as yourself or the opposite?
- What one thing do you wish someone would say to you?
- Do you make friends easily?
- Who did you last spend quality time with? Why do you think you connect well with that person?
- Do you think you are fairly judged by others?
- Is there someone in your life you should be spending more time with?
- Is there someone you should be spending less time with?
- Have you ever loved someone who didn’t love you back? How did that make you feel?
- Have you ever betrayed a friend?
- Have you ever been betrayed by a friend?
- Have you ever felt controlled by another person?
- Who, in your life makes you feel special?
- Who can you share comfortable silences with?
- Who are you most like in your family?
- Do you think people look up to you?
- Who can calm you down?
- Who are you not afraid to be yourself with?
- Do you think it is important to be honest with people even if that honesty causes pain?
- Do you have friends who have different backgrounds from you? Do you feel this is important?
- Who would you turn to in a crisis?
- Have you ever been afraid of another person? How did you deal with this?
- Do you ever feel sad about people you have lost touch with who were once important to you?
- How do you think your work colleagues feel about you?
- How do you feel about them? Do you have good working relationships?
- Do you feel that you need more encouragement from others?
- Can you communicate well in a relationship? Do you talk out your problems?
- Have you ever lied or cheated in a relationship? Did you come clean? Do you regret it now?
Journal Prompts For Health and Well being
- How do you feel about your body? Would you change anything?
- How could you take better care of your mental health?
- What changes could you make to improve your physical health?
- Are you getting enough sleep? If not, why do you think that is?
- Do you lack energy? If so, what is causing this?
- Do you get enough exercise?
365 Journaling Prompts For Self Discovery
- Are you comfortable looking in a mirror?
- How do you feel about others seeing your body, for example at the beach?
- Do you worry about getting ill?
- Are you afraid of death?
- Are you self conscious?
- What are your insecurities?
- How in tune are you with your body? Do you know when it’s time to rest?
- Does stress affect your body? How can you address this?
- What is your favourite part of your body?
- Do you have a good relationship with food?
- Do you have a healthy diet? What changes could you make?
- Do you drink alcohol, if so are you drinking too much? Is there a way for you to cut down?
- How does alcohol change you as a person?
- Do you feel that your job is affecting your health?
- Do you overthink things? Does this cause stress and worry?
- What area of your self care do you need to work on more?
- Do you have a good work/life balance?
- Do you get time just for yourself?
- Is there something you need to give up or cut down on? Cigarettes/alcohol/caffeine? How can you take steps to do this?
Using these 365 journal prompts for self discovery can be a fun and effective way to learn more about yourself. By exploring your thoughts and feelings, you can gain a better understanding of your motivations and strengths.
Additionally, journaling can help you stay on track with your goals and keep track of your progress.
If you are looking for a way to increase self-awareness and personal growth, consider using daily journaling prompts to explore your inner world.
Also, don’t forget to grab your free PDF of this list of journal prompts.
Happy journaling and good luck on your journey of self-discovery.
Related Journaling Posts
365 Journal Prompts For Self Discovery