Keeping a journal has helped me a lot in the last year, it has been so beneficial to my mental health.
“Journaling is like whispering to one’s self and listening at the same time.”
Ok so I stole that one from Bram Stoker but I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment. Writing a journal is just like having a conversation with yourself. I get so much clarity from getting my thoughts down on paper.
The Benefits Of Keeping A Self Care Journal
- Regular writing is great for your mental health.
- It helps harness your creativity.
- A journal is like a friend who will listen to everything you say no matter what time of day it is.
- Journaling increases focus, and brings stability and empowerment.
- When you keep a journal you are creating a record of your life. You will always have that to look back on in the years to come.
- A journal will not judge you.
- Daily writing is a great way to de-stress.
- Journaling helps you track your personal growth.
100 Simple Self Care Ideas For Women
- – Choose a pretty journal that you are going to enjoy picking up, writing in and looking at every day.
- – Try to write as regularly as possible. Set aside a few minutes every day.
- – Your journal is yours alone, write whatever you feel comfortable with and try not to worry about what anyone else will think.
- – Do not feel obliged to show your journal to friends and family. If you want to keep it private that’s absolutely fine.
- Make a list of things you like to do to relax, How can you fit these into your weekly routine?
- How do you feel right now?
- What five things are you thankful for today?
- What one thing should you be doing more of?
- What should you be doing less?
- Write down the positives that have come from this week?
- How have you dealt with the negatives?
- What are your short term goals? what can you do towards achieving them this week?
- What is your favourite quote? Why is it important to you?
- What does peace look like to you?
- What has brought you joy today?
- What do you need help with? Who can help you?
- What do you need to give more attention to? How can you do this?
- What is holding you back?
- Write about your ideal day.
- Write about a treasured memory.
- Who is a positive influence in your life and why?
- What has made you smile today?
- What lesson have you learned today?
- What is currently causing you stress?